Tallahassee Veterans Village is a two year transitional housing program for both men and women from all branches of service who need and want to rebuild their lives through being part of this community. Owned and operated by Volunteers of America of Florida, services available at Tallahassee Veterans Village include: Housing, Health Services, Training, Education, Counseling and Employment.
Acceptance into this program requires:
- Registration with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- A completed referral form(delivered in person by Veteran or by email)
- An on-site interview with the program director and staff
Referral interviews are available at the Volunteers of America of Florida and Tallahassee Veterans Village offices.
Volunteers of America of Florida and Tallahassee Veterans Village offices are located at 1280 Kissimmee, Tallahassee, Florida 32310. Tallahassee Veterans Village is located approximately 1 mile south of Doak Campbell Stadium on the east side of Lake Bradford road.
- verification of eligibility by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs Liaison
- a drug and alcohol screening provided by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- if alcohol or illegal substance have been an issue, you will be required to have a sponsor and attending regular AA and/or NA meetings for a month prior to acceptance into the program.
If you would like to apply for acceptance to our program, please contact Shawn Noles at (850) 528-1104.
If you or your organization would like to volunteer with Tallahassee Veterans Village, you will need:
- to have a description of what services you would like to offer with a contact name and number for your program.
- to contact our program lead, Shawn Noles, at (850) 528-1104.